Thursday, March 5, 2009



See the cover of the new book? The one that's not out yet, because I've had some trouble, and because of it, I've been struggling with writing. See the manila folder? That's where outlines, ideas, notes, are stashed. The photo was taken at an authors' event at Java Nirvana in Gulfport, FL on Feb 15th, as I waited for it to begin. I sat fiddling and tweaking and writing yet more notes to myself about what comes next. I came to the event hoping to be energized and inspired by watching other authors read from their work and answer questions from the crowd. And I was rejuvenated. It was so helpful just to be there in the audience and to listen and get to talk a bit with other writers.

Gulfport is a lovely little village, a gem, one that I hope keeps on the wayside of the mainstream of tourists to Florida, though it has a beach, a pier, and inns, and wonderful shops and places like Java Nirvana. It's our secret here in St Pete, and I would hate to see this place change.

So I am writing again, pushing forward after the trouble, getting somewhere with the rewrite of What's Best for Jane. The new, and final, target for release is October 2009. Of course, troubles are never over simply because you declare them to be over. They have a way of popping in on you, no matter how determined you are to put them aside and move on. It has been my experience that the moving on occurs without pause or consideration for our individual stumbling blocks.

No comments: