Friday, May 22, 2009

Bookstores and Libraries


It is amazing to me how helpful people are. Librarians and bookstore owners, in particular, will burn with my same enthusiasm when I ask for help. The other day I called Capitol Book and News in Montgomery, Alabama. I know they carry a lot of regional books. I was looking for books about Montgomery in the early decades of the twentieth century, particularly books with photos showing how the city looked in the twenties and thirties. Research for my third book. Still in the thinking stage, but as I explained what I needed, Cheryl Upchurch, the owner of the bookstore, caught on and suggested several books that might have what I want. She called again a day later to say she had found another one. I don't know how long she'll keep searching, but I love her now.

No comments: